- Fantastic weather...as long as you don't mind 30degrees every day
- Absolutely amazing food...and for the more adventurous...locusts, bugs and frogs!
- Beautiful people...the Thais are welcoming and always greet you with a smile
- Travel costs...meal for 50p, bottled water 40p, wonderful B&B £3...and the smile is free!
- Sights...bustle of Bangkok, tranquility of Ko Samui, culture of Chiang Mai...and Pattaya!!
My reasons are very similar, although this time no beach. Although planning on a visit to Burma (but not near a beach) and Laos (although no beach visit there either, mainly because it doesn't have one!.)
Blissful Thai massage from my last trip in 2012