7 weeks today and one will be in Humberside International Airport awaiting takeoff! Have started my packing list...it includes jungle formula anti mosquito spray, after bite lotion (when spray doesn't work), health insurance (when after bite lotion doesn't work).
Going to start a bit of my Thai Language Course today...
"Sa-wud-dee Krub"....Thai for 'hello' and....
"pom booay" Thai for 'I'm sick' (if I need to see the doctor when my anti mozi spray doesn't work).
............6 weeks, 6 days, 23hrs and 50mins till I board the plane, best go start packing my smalls!!!
Saturday, 28 September 2013
Not too long to go....November this year brings 2 months of me away...from England. Yep, off to Thailand again, that wonderful Asian country that everyone must visit at least once in their lifetime. Reasons to go, everyone has their list....which may include.....
- Fantastic weather...as long as you don't mind 30degrees every day
- Absolutely amazing food...and for the more adventurous...locusts, bugs and frogs!
- Beautiful people...the Thais are welcoming and always greet you with a smile
- Travel costs...meal for 50p, bottled water 40p, wonderful B&B £3...and the smile is free!
- Sights...bustle of Bangkok, tranquility of Ko Samui, culture of Chiang Mai...and Pattaya!!
My reasons are very similar, although this time no beach. Although planning on a visit to Burma (but not near a beach) and Laos (although no beach visit there either, mainly because it doesn't have one!.)
Blissful Thai massage from my last trip in 2012